1. Marketing Strategy
2. Behavioural Science Applications in Marketing
3. Seminar on Quantitative Models in Marketing
4. Marketing Theory and Contemporary Issues
5. Reading Seminar in Marketing Management
1. Seminar on BOP
2. Qualitative Methods
3. Mental Accounting, Pricing and Neuro Marketing
4. Structural Equation Modeling
The Area offers two compulsory courses in marketing in the first year of the Post-Graduate Program. In the second year, the Area offers the following elective courses:
1. Advertising and Sales Promotion Management
2. Business to Business Marketing
3. Consumer Behaviour and Technology
4. Customer Based Business Strategies
5. Customer Relationship Management
6. International Business and Foreign Market Entry in BRIC Countries
7. Managing Customer Value Delivery
8. Managing Luxury Business
9. Market Research and Information Systems
10. Marketing Management in the World of High Technologies and Innovation
11. Neuroscience and Consumer Behaviour
13. Seminar on Brand Management
14. Seminar on Retail Management
15. Sports Marketing
16. Strategic Marketing
17.Strategies for Digital Marketing and e-Business
These elective courses become more productive as the faculty attempts to admit selected students and therefore work more closely in order to achieve higher levels of learning. Most of these courses have dovetailed field experiences to deliver real life experience to the participants.
In addition to the above electives the area offers one course "International Trade and Investment" along with other area (with Economic).
The Area offers compulsory and elective courses to PGPX.
1. Assessing & Creating Customer Value
2. Delivering and Managing Customer Value
1. International Marketing
2. Marketing Management in the World of High Technologies and Innovation
3. Professional Selling
4. Retail Management
5. Seminar on Customer Business Strategies
6. Strategic Marketing
Area offers three elective courses to FDP participants:
Marketing to the BOP
Neuroscience and Consumer Behaviour
Business to Business Marketing.
The 6th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies to be held from January 7 -9, 2015. The conference is hosted by Indian Institute Management, Ahmedabad and supported by Professor Labdhi R. Bhandari Memorial Fund, IIMA. Professors Arindam Banerjee, Anand Kumar Jaiswal, Arvind Sahay, Dheeraj Sharma and Piyush Kumar Sinha are the members of the conference co-ordination committee and Mr. G. A. Chandrasekharan and Mr. T.K. Jose are the conference managers.
Area members provided consulting services to seven organizations and designed and offered customized programmes to executives of the seven organisations. The consulting assignments included topics such as understanding and establishing customer value, business development, leadership skills, brand management, building strategic plans, developing strategic implementation plan, and implementation plan for retail strategy, among others. The seven customised programs were offered to middle and senior level managers of organizations.
The industries benefiting from the efforts included, telecommunication, pharmaceutical, Logistics, FMCG infrastructure, among others.
Many of the Marketing Area faculties conduct national and international programmes.
The Area members conducted research on a variety of topics. They shared their findings through several published papers in national and international journals/books and presentations and invited presentations in conferences and workshops. The focus of the research included topics such as consumer behavior, branding, advertising, sales promotion, retailing, information products and services, bottom of the pyramid, and service centric strategy. The methodologies included both qualitative and advanced quantitative techniques.
The area members provide consulting help to large and medium size companies and international agencies. The nature of projects includes reviewing and developing marketing strategy and systems, strategic marketing plans and new product introduction strategy.